Website National Council of Jewish Women, Pittsburgh Section
A Faith in the Future. A Belief in Action.
POSITION: Communications Specialist, National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW)
FLSA STATUS: 10-15 hours/week (potential for % to be out of office)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DATE: March 2017
We are hiring a Communications Specialist to help NCJW Pittsburgh Section execute and manage website, social media marketing, and organizational communications. The Communications Specialist will work with our Executive Director and program directors, utilizing a variety of digital and offline marketing tools to engage NCJW members, volunteers, partners, shoppers, and other constituencies.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director (ED) and directors of Retail, Center for Women, Children’s Rooms, Development, and Programming to enhance NCJW’s social media presence. Proactively solicit content / drive social media initiatives for NCJW. Plan the editorial calendar, write postings, schedule and respond to postings for all NCJW Facebook pages.
- Oversee and manage NCJW, Thriftique and Center for Women website content updates, edits, posting of events, news items/press releases, and other content updates requested by NCJW ED and directors. Collaborate with staff to respond in a timely manner to all inquiries.
- Layout and oversee distribution of e-blasts and digital newsletters (via Constant Contact)
- Capture social and site data/metrics
- Draft copy/content for social media, websites, publications, etc. in collaboration with ED or other directors
- Maintain NCJW media and photo library for all press releases, media hits, photos
- Submit calendar listings to online calendars for NCJW events
- Other duties as assigned by ED
- 2+ years’ experience in communications/social media/web content management
- Creative thinker, strong writing skills
- Proficiency with WordPress, Constant Contact (or other comparable email marketing tool), Adobe photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Media relations expertise/experience a plus
- Experience in the nonprofit and social service sector (preferred, but not required)
- Positive attitude, self-directed, team player
Qualified candidates should send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.